Thursday 14 May 2009

Lonesome road.

I used to be the man she was needing
'till she bit the hand from which she was feeding
now I'm being strong
I'm leaving
but it wont be long
because i've been walking along
this lonesome road too long

I was just a stranger
before i met her
another weary traveller
in a lonesome bar
drinking alone
too scared to go home
because home was just too far

Such cold nights
hurt the weakest the most
for there where no eyes
in the london sky
so if I didn't make it back
not even the stars
could watch me die
I would feel so hollow
and I'd wonder why, asking
"where did the man inside me go?"
Perhaps i left him in the ring
knocked cold from that killer blow

She used to look at me
like I was the only thing
She needed to see
now if they ever truly connect
all I'll get is boredom and dread
as if what i will say
could ruin what's left
and it's true
if i start talking
I don't know what will come out next
so we're trapped in a stalemate
bound together from fear
of loneliness

But I loved her and I gave her all i had to give
now i've got nothing else within
I'm withered and thin
weathered and old
to think i once stayed in
from the cold
For loving her is like
walking on the sun
you know i think it just
can't be done
from the sorrow i try to run
but I'm tethered to her
on a rope made of history
there is no doubt
she'll be the death of me
I will O.D. on misery.

I used to be the man she was needing
'till she bit the hand from which she was feeding
now the dream does pour
Like the whiskey I'm drinking
the glass feels good
within my haggard paws
to hold me again
I wish you would
to die my friend
I wish I could.